So for those of you that know me I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!! It is my favorite time of the year and as I am on facebook and other social media sites I see the same question over and over again…
What events/activities are there to take my children to the Wilmington area??
So here are a few that come HIGHLY recommended (** denotes personal recommendations)
1. **Mikes Farm —— http://www.mikesfarm.com/ ——Lovely family outing located in Beulaville NC !!! All month of October they have everything from hayrides, pumpkin patches, concessions on Saturdays, Dinner musicals, to a haunted hayride and carnival on October 24th, 25th, and 26th
2. Poplar Grove ———- http://www.poplargrove.org/annual-events/halloween-festival/ —– Located between Ogden and Hampstead they have costume contests for kids and PETS, petting zoo, fortune teller, bonucy house, haunted hayride and more. Visit website for specific dates and information.
3. **Panic Attack Haunted House —— http://www.panicattackhaunt.com/tickets.html —– $20 per person BUT WORTH IT!!!! One of the best haunted houses I have been to! Get a group of 20 or more and pre-register and you can only pay $17 per person. They also give military discounts and a VIP line for fast pass. MUST SEE!!!!!!!
4. USS North Carolina Battleship —– http://www.battleshipnc.com/Events/BattyBattleshipsHalloweenBash —– PLEASE NOTE THAT GHOST SHIP IS CANCELLED THIS YEAR! However they have Halloween Bash featuring caricatures, popcorns, tattoos, bounce house, and trick-or-treating on Tuesday October 29th 5:30 to 8pm. $5 per person children 2 and under are free.
5. **The Pumpkin Patch ——https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pumpkin-Patch-at-Wesley/122818257775811?sk=info —- Best place in town for the funniest experience for the kids to find the perfect pumpkin for your family in ALL SIZES!!!!
6. Trick or Treat Under the Sea ——— http://www.ncaquariums.com/archives/18622 —— $8 per child for this event under 2 is free. Checkout website for more information and registration. Thursday October 24th and Friday October 25th 5-8:30pm
The list could go on and on and on so here are a few websites to find out more!
–Riverfest, Railroad Extravaganza, Mark Twain event at Thalian http://www.wilmingtonandbeaches.com/events-calendar/
–Pancake Breakfasts, Salty Paws, Blues and Jazz Festival, How far to the Bar http://www.pleasureislandnc.org/events-list.php P3 will be at the Pleasure Island Blues and Jazz Festival to face paint again this year!! We are honored to be a part of this amazing event for the 3rd year in a Row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!